Christmas Tree Farm
We invite you to join us at The Rocks this holiday season to select a perfect tree from our farm. The Rocks has been described as a modern day Norman Rockwell Christmas scene, complete with the jingling bells of our horse-drawn wagon rides and marshmallows roasted to golden at our fire pit.
Guests may shop for gifts in our marketplace or online at www.therocksgiftshop.com.
Harvest Your Own Christmas Tree
Row upon neat row of perfectly shaped and scented fir trees grow in the fields at The Rocks, and visitors may wander the farm in search of their special tree. As your tree is baled for easy transportation and loaded on your vehicle, enjoy the holiday ambience that permeates the scene at The Rocks - from warm food and hot drinks to Christmas carols and a walk along our Trails.
At The Rocks, we take pride in our holiday offerings:
- A family atmosphere.
- Top quality trees.
- Courteous service.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides (call for costs & reservations).
- Free tree wrapping.
- Uniquely designed wreaths.
- Scenic turn-of-the-century country estate.
- The knowledge that you are helping to support conservation education in the Granite State.
- A Christmas Memory Package that will create lasting memories and start a great tradition for your family and friends.
The Rocks opens November 23 and will be open 10 am - 4 pm daily through December 15. Christmas tree shoppers may select a tree from the farm's retail lot or wander the fields to Cut-Your-Own Christmas tree beginning the Saturday before Thanksgiving. The Rocks will be closed Thanksgiving Day, but otherwise open daily through Dec. 15. Entry to Cut-Your-Own fields ends at 3:00 pm.
Sunday Afternoons 2 - 4:00 pm is Locals Day. Discounts on Trees for Residents!
Why not turn selecting your Christmas tree into a weekend-away event? Our Christmas Memory Package is perfect for families or those looking for an intimate vacation. You'll stay at your choice of over 24 inns, motels and resorts, and visit The Rocks to enjoy a horse-drawn wagon ride and select the perfect Christmas tree and wreath. For more information call 603-444-6228 or e-mail email@example.com
- Top quality, USDA-graded trees
- Competitively priced
- Owned by a well-known conservation organization, established in 1901
- Tree orders as low as 35 for wholesale
- Help arranging shipping - including split loads
- Advice on how to set up a retail lot and what trees to buy
- Friendly, courteous service
- Sales arranged in a business-like fashion - we always return calls on time
- Hand-sheared for a natural look
- We have been growing trees for over 35 years
For More Information:
Contact Nigel Manley
At The Rocks, we've been growing Christmas trees for over 35 years as part of our land conservation and management efforts. The 1,400-acre estate was given to the Forest Society in 1978 by Martha Batchelder and John Lee, the grandchildren of John and Frances Glessner. In making the gift, Batchelder and Lee asked that the Forest Society always maintain a crop in the field, and for more than three decades, that crop has been Christmas trees.
It takes several years to raise a Christmas tree ready for holiday trimming. We plant seedlings when they are 4 or 5 years old, and tend them for the next 6 to 9 years before they are harvested. Each of our more than 40,000 trees is hand-pruned each summer for optimal shaping. Come Christmastime, the trees are harvested which we sell at The Rocks and to wholesale and mail order customers.
In growing Christmas trees, The Rocks and the Forest Society are helping to preserve open space, provide wildlife habitat, create local jobs, and help countless people get into the holiday spirit each year!